Tuesday, March 26, 2019

"HIGH TIDE" NAUTICAL DOUBLE Z-FOLD CARD + ENVELOPE

I was recently commissioned to design a masculine birthday card that would be hand-delivered.  The fun thing about a hand-delivered card is that the sky's the limit since size and bulk won't be an issue.  However, making a masculine card never seems to be an easy task.  I literally had no idea what I wanted to make, but my first step in the process was to look at each of my stamp sets and start bringing some of them to my desk.  Nautical was it!  Stampin' Up!'s High Tide stamp set appeared to have all that I needed, and I chose to make a Double Z-Fold design . . . with a coordinating envelope, of course.



The Envelope Punch Board was very handy for making the envelope!  I used the Happy Birthday Thinlits die to cut the shape from Very Vanilla cardstock, and it was the perfect size to decorate the envelope.


The anchor image was borrowed from The Open Sea stamp set, which retired a while back.  I used VersaMark ink to stamp the image on the envelope flap and then embossed it with gold embossing powder.  Don't you agree that a shiny heat-embossed image takes a project to a higher level?


In case you're wondering, this card was 5-1/2" x 5-1/2".  The cardstock colors used throughout this project are Very Vanilla and Night of Navy.  Other products used include Stampin' Dimensionals, twine, and non-Stampin' Up! designer paper that was found in my stash.  Tear & Tape adhesive was placed on the flap so that once the card has been signed and placed in the envelope, it will be ready to seal.

6 comments:

Stasher said...

I love this card and the maychmat envelope! Z-fold is a favorite style too. I hope the card government and recipient we're both pleased!

Nancy Dawson said...

Love it! Gotta CASE this one. Gorgeous display for the stamp set.

Ann said...

Love this card - but may I please have the dimensions of the smaller Z component. It doesn't look as wide as the 11" of the base - I would really appreciate this detail, as I have every intention of making something like this!

Toadallystamping.blogspot.com said...

Love you card but would Like to know what dsp you used? Thanks

dudsey said...

I love this card too. Tried making the double Z fold card but my smaller z fold does not quite work.Is it possible to get the dimentions please and thank you

Regina Andari - workinouttheinks.blogspot.com said...

Hi Dudsey! If you're having trouble with the z-fold, please search YouTube as there are lots of videos demonstrating how to make z-fold and double z-fold cards. :-)