Wednesday, March 20, 2019

SPINNER POP-UP CARD

When I plan projects for my monthly class, I often end up with rejects because of this little rule of mine . . . I must LOVE the project, or it doesn't make the cut.  What ends up as a "reject" may not necessarily be a bad project, but rather it might just need a little something more loveable added or changed.  The project that I'm sharing today was one of my March class projects, and I LOVE it!  It's a Spinner Pop-up Card:



When the card is closed, the layer with the candles attached to it rests behind the "cue the confetti" layer.  When the card is opened, the "cue the confetti" layer pops up while the candle layer spins out to the right.  Really. Cool.

Not gonna lie.  There's a learning curve to the mechanism for this card, and not everyone at class enjoyed it.  That is kind of disappointing, and maybe my teaching method was to blame.  I had to make a couple of these cards before I got comfortable with the three-part mechanism, but I thought it was worth the effort.  Before some genius came up with a way to cut and score three pieces for the interactive mechanism, I had purchased and used Karen Burniston's Spinner Square Pop-Up dies, one of which cuts a one-part spinner mechanism.  I think there's actually less room for error when working with the non-die three-part mechanism, but maybe that's because I've used it the most.  

Stampin' Up! products featured on my card include:
Stamp Sets:  Birthday Banners, Picture Perfect Birthday
Cardstock:  Thick Whisper White, Highland Heather, Granny Apple Green
DSP:  Botanical Butterfly (Sale-a-Bration product)
Ink:  Highland Heather, Granny Apple Green, Crushed Curry, Black
Sizzix:  Basket Weave embossing folder, Bunch of Banners Framelits
Accessories:  Rhinestone Jewels, Old Olive Stitched Edge Ribbon (purchased from the Clearance Rack, Mini Glue Dots, Stampin' Dimensionals


No comments: