Sunday, March 17, 2019

SHEEP + CHALKBOARD + WOOLY PENNANT GARLAND

A few weeks ago, I ordered quite a few of Chalk Couture's brand new products, and the Chalk Transfers that I was most anxious to use just happen to be from the Corner Market Collection (Sheep and Mercantile).  The project that I created today has been bouncing around in my head for weeks, and I am so excited to share it! 


This sheep.

This is such a healthy sheep, yes?

As soon as I saw the Corner Market Collection - Sheep Chalk Transfer, I knew that I had to have it since it pays perfect homage to my love of wool applique.  This framed art is going to eventually hang on the wall in my stamp room.  

In case you're wondering, this project is a pretty good size.  The frame is 17.5" x 24".  

To adorn the top left corner of the frame, I created (from wool, of course) a little pennant and lace garland.  


Although I can't imagine that I will one day want to re-use this framed chalkboard for another project, the fact remains that it's totally possible to do so.  All I will need to do is spritz water on the chalked design and wash it away.  Since that's an option, I didn't permanently attach the garland--it's held in place with thumb tacks for now.

In case you'd like more information about the Chalk Couture products that I used to create this framed art:

If you have any questions about the fantastic Chalk Couture products, how to use them, etc., let me know.  I would love it if you would like my Facebook page.  Feel free to share any of the videos or posts that you find there!

No comments: