Thursday, July 24, 2008

BABY ART

This week, I've been on a "purge the house" mission. I haven't gotten past the kitchen/dining area, but I came across this piece of art that I've always kept in a frame on the countertop. Chadrick made this flower at day care when he was almost 2 y/o, and I just love it! There's no other way for me to see those small, precious fingertips because they're much larger now! Through the years, the original frame had taken quite a beating. After all, it had been in the kitchen for 15 years! At some point, liquid seeped under the frame and stained the picture. I found this white "Style Stones" frame in the stamp room and decided to color it with ink. I thought it needed some sparkle, so I added several colors of Stickles to it. I trimmed Chadrick's art to fit the frame, but it looked better (less white at the top) if I put it in upside down. It looks even better now than ever! BTW, the ink that I used to color the frame was SU's retired ColorBox Petal Point Chalk ink, and it had to be heat set. Stickles used were Turquoise (love, love, love this color), Copper, Gold, Patina, and Crystal.

No comments: