Friday, July 18, 2008

DREAMS DU JOUR - PINK PIROUETTE

Before leaving for the beach last week, I tried a few techniques with this new stamp set, "Dreams du Jour." I didn't have time to turn any of my trials into cards until now, and I don't even remember the name of this technique. I stamped the image with VersaMark ink, embossed with Winter White embossing powder, and then colored the embossed image with Stampin' Pastels. I don't remember if I used Q-tips or a blender pen to apply the chalk, but I'm almost certain I used a blender pen. My card stock choices were Pink Pirouette, Basic Black, and Riding Hood Red. Other SU products used include Black Gingham ribbon, Pink Pirouette Classic ink, and Crimper (on the Basic Black card stock strip). I also used Vintage Brads, although I think the ones I used are retired. I'm almost certain that SU no longer sells these square (can also be diamond-shaped) brads.
ETA: Oops! I lied! I did make a card from another image in this set where I used the same technique. It's a little farther down on the blog.

No comments: