Thursday, July 17, 2008

POLKA DOTS & PAISLEY

Don't look, Laura!!!! That reminds me of Ray Stevens' saying, "Don't look Ethel!" in his song, "The Streak."
We just got home from a fabulous trip to the beach, and I'm late getting my weekly swap mailed to Laura. So, this is what I will be sending to her. Believe it or not, I hardly even stamped during the beach trip, which is unusual for me! I had a swap to work on, but it wasn't anything fun. As nice as it is to be home, the view from the balcony at the coast is 100 times better than the view from my patio. Of course, I knew that before I even left home. When we returned from our last beach trip, we discovered that the front door had been left open for the whole week!!!!! I don't mean that the door was left unlocked or slightly ajar . . . it had been left REALLY open . . . as if to imply, "Come on in!" I won't name names, but Chadrick and I weren't the last ones out of the house when we left for that trip. I'm pleased to report that we returned from this trip to find that we had closed the front door--we even locked it! The only thing we did wrong was leave the TV on. How sad is it that we can't leave home properly????? I even my asked my guys if they'd turned off computers and everything, and I got a "Yep!" from both of them. I think they didn't really hear the question. Anyway, all was well when we returned. We even have a lot of new spider webs!
But . . . back to this card for Laura . . . it is 3" x 6" and I used the retiring "Polka Dots & Paisley" stamp set, Afternoon Tea designer paper (which is retired now), Antique Brass brads, Mini Glue Dots, Dazzling Diamonds glitter, and Chocolate Chip Poly Twill ribbon.

2 comments:

Karin said...

You do such nice work...ALWAYS. This is really pretty.

Regina Andari - workinouttheinks.blogspot.com said...

Thank you, Karin!!! I appreciate your comments!