Friday, July 4, 2008

MY FIRST "DECOR ELEMENTS" PROJECT

Today was the day . . . the day to apply my new Decor Elements vinyl to the wall. This was a tricky project because I wanted to combine two of the vinyl wall products . . . the Flourish Frame and the "Create" definition. To begin with, we ever-so-carefully removed the border and dots of the frame and left the solid center behind. We then cut the definition into strips and, from there, made cuts between words until the fit was perfect. I thought about taking the lighthouse puzzle picture from the wall, but I really like it and decided it should stay. In real life, this project doesn't look nearly as askewed as it appears from the camera angle, but I thought it would help the visual to be able to see a little of what is around and below the vinyl. All in all, I'm pleased with the end result!

No comments: