Sunday, August 3, 2008

GREETING CARD BOX

When I walked in the stamp room this morning (yesterday morning, actually), my intention was to get the room tidied up, clean off my desk, and make this box. Here it is 2:00 a.m., and I just completed this project. I cannot believe how BIG this box is! I swear, it's perfect for recipe cards, and I don't mean those tiny index cards! Best of all, this wasn't a really difficult box to make. It's supposed to have a ribbon handle, attached with jumbo eyelets on the very top of the box, but I was afraid a handle would cause the box to fall open--especially if it's loaded with as many cards and envelopes as it will hold! Besides the possibility of holding recipes, this box is a great size to hold photographs or your sketches for scrapbook pages, project ideas, etc. I have heard that the "Summer Picnic" designer paper will be in the new catalog, so that's why I chose to use it! BTW, the big ugly black strips on my box are the magnetic closures. I know they lack visual appeal, but they were the strongest option I could think of. ;-)

No comments: