Thursday, August 7, 2008

HOLIDAY CARD

It's never too early to think of holiday cards, right? Well, I wasn't really planning to make a holiday card today--it just turned out that way. I was playing with the "Swirly" decorative strip die and the Big Shot, and I wanted to use the swirly cut on a project. It just looked kind of "holidayish" to me. The poinsettia (from SU's "Pick a Petal" stamp set) is a bit of a stretch, but it turned out okay. The designer papers are from SU's brand new "Bella Rose" series, and the card base is Kiwi Kiss. The center of the poinsettia is a half-circle that's been glittered with SU's Chunky Sprinkles. I used the new Scallop Edge punch on the Kiwi Kiss designer paper layer, and the Crimper was used on the leaves. The swirly cut layer is actually the negative (cut away) part of one of my "play efforts," and I thought it would add a bit of charm to my card! There are so many ways to use the new dies that SU carries, and I look forward to demonstrating ALL of those creative uses!

No comments: