Monday, March 22, 2010

60th ANNIVERSARY CARD & ENVELOPE

Can you imagine being married for 60 years?  S-i-x-t-y  y-e-a-r-s . . . say it s-l-o-w-l-y.  That is a very long time!  I wonder how many arguments occur in a span of 60 years between a husband and wife.  I wonder how many different names get said under one's breath--and if they're always the same name or if, over the years, the couple began thinking (or speaking) names they never thought they'd utter.  I suppose the happy couple became more and more like one another over the years, which would make getting along easier.  My mother asked me to make a card for a 60th anniversary reception that she and my daddy are going to in a couple of weeks, and this is what I came up with.  I did a little research to see what inventions have occurred during this couple's 60 years together:  credit cards, super glue, hydrogen bomb, oral contraception, non-stick Teflon pan, computers and modems, Liquid Paper, Hula Hoop, pacemaker, Barbie (yes, Barbie!), audio cassette, permanent press fabric, Kevlar, handheld calculator, ATM, food processor, Post-It notes, Valium and, of course, many more inventions of which we all know.  It's kind of fun to imagine how many changes in the world (and life) that this couple has witnessed.  So, there you have a little history to go along with this doily card and envelope.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Oohh, I like this one!!!

Waseem said...

it look very beautiful...I would like to use it Gift Card envelopes if i remember.