Thursday, March 11, 2010

TO MAMAW, WITH LOVE

To be quite honest, I'm not sure what mamaw will think of this card.  It's much more "busy" than most of my designs, and it's a somewhat funky fold.  And can you believe there's no ribbon on it?  That was totally an oversight, and I might have to slap a bow on it before mailing.  About the fold . . . when I was a teenager, a popular stationery set was one where you didn't need envelopes--you just wrote your letter, folded it on the scored lines, applied a round, foil seal, and addressed it for mailing.  That's kind of how this card folds, but I made an envelope for it, of course, because who knows where the flower would end up otherwise!  I don't remember where the flowers came from, but I sponged the tips of them with Stampin' Up!'s Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint.  That stuff is awesome!  Did you notice that it's square?  Hee! Hee!  I just love me a square card!

No comments: