Monday, March 1, 2010

HERE'S MY EASTER BONNET WITH BUTTERFLIES UPON IT

It's hard to believe that it's time to start thinking about Easter, but that also means TIME FOR SPRING!!!!!!  And Easter bonnets!  Oh, who am I kidding?  Does anyone still wear hats at Easter?  The picture on the left is an Easter Sunday years ago (decades, really) where my mother sported a hat, and I had a goofy squint and lopsided stance.  Or maybe my daddy was pushing my shoulder down.  Ha!  Anyway, the idea of mini hats/bonnets was certainly not mine, but my wheels started spinning this morning coming up with ways to decorate one.  There must be 35 1-1/4" circles on this hat, and my least favorite part of this project was stacking and gluing them.  It's certainly not a hard thing to do--just not fun.  Stampin' Up! products used to create this project include Bride specialty designer paper, Pretty in Pink and Always Artichoke card stock, Flower Fusion die, Little Leaves die, Beautiful Wings embosslits die, Circle Scissor Plus, and white taffeta ribbon.

No comments: