Thursday, March 11, 2010

IT'S NOT FUN 'TIL SOMEONE GETS HURT

When I decided to purchase Stampin' Up!'s "Flower Folds" die, this was one of the projects that I had in mind, except it looks even better than what I had envisioned.  The fabric pin was the other project that I wanted to try with this die, and you can see it a few posts down.  I used two of Stampin' Up!'s embossing folders on this project . . . "Petals-a-Plenty" on the middle flower and "Manhattan Flower" on the butterfly, which was cut from Stampin' Up!'s "Beautiful Butterflies" die.  So this morning Chadrick was standing at the stove, and I brought my tightly-rolled aluminum to the kitchen so I could cut off the tape with a knife and create this lovely candle holder.  Now, you have to picture the scene . . . it's quiet, Chadrick's taking the last few bites of breakfast, and I'm standing beside him with knife in one hand and the other hand holding the aluminum still (or so I thought).  With one swift slice against the tape (that was holding the aluminum tightly rolled), all of a sudden (and I DO mean sudden) the aluminum went FLAP! FLAP! FLAP! FLAP! FLAP! as it unwound and expanded with each flappy sound, consuming more space than the countertop allowed!  I'm not exactly sure where my hands went during all the unrolling, but I know that I jumped back. 
Chadrick:  What the he--????????
Me:  I didn't know it would do that!  [Examining my hands]  I think I got cut.
Chadrick:  [Examining my hands]  Where?
Me:  [Pointing to what looks like a slice in my skin]  Here.  I think my blood is too startled to come out!
We laughed.  And laughed some more.  In the end, Chadrick had to get a pin to extract a fragment of aluminum from the cut that finally revealed itself.  I guess you could say that I really "got into" this project or it got into me.  I'm now kind of afraid to work with the aluminum (which is all rolled out on the kitchen floor), even with the gloves that Chadrick insisted I wear.  It's all fun!!!!!!! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hahahahahaha...I snorted my coffee