Monday, March 8, 2010

CHALKBOARD VINYL LABEL

Here it is . . . my first project using Stampin' Up!'s Chalkboard vinyl.  I used one of the dies from the "Lots of Tags" Sizzlits set to cut the shape and then wrote on it with white chalk.  Funny thing . . . it's been my quest to find chalk markers, which I found today; however, after neatly writing on my die-cut label and peeling the backing off of the vinyl, I lightly blew on the writing to make sure it was dry and wouldn't smear when I started pressing the vinyl to my jar.  Well, parts of my letters blew off the label!  Oh, look . . . there on my sleeve are some pieces of the blown away letters!  It's a good thing that I bought some good old-fashioned chalk over the weekend and didn't have to fight a teacher (or anyone) for it!  Two things I have learned . . . (1)  Plan to write on your chalkboard vinyl after it's in place, and (2) this vinyl is thicker than our other vinyl selections and may not cut as well with one pass through the Big Shot when using Sizzlits or other chemically-etched dies.

No comments: