Sunday, February 24, 2013

MDS CHALLENGE: FREEFORM TOOL

A new MDS challenge was posted to the NCSUD demo group, and those who wished to participate were supposed to create a digital project using the freeform tool.  This tool was one of the new features of Stampin' Up!'s MDS2 software, and I had only used it once before to create the wavy text line on the card posted HERE.  For the current challenge, I decided to create a curved line of text which you can see on the orange pumpkin.  If you think you're seeing some dotted Pool Party splatters on the Crumb Cake background, your eyes are not playing tricks on you.  Everything pictured on the card below is 100% digital.
I couldn't leave things alone, though.  I printed the digital design and used it to create the hybrid card shown below.  The photo quality really stinks, but I tried my best to get a decent shot.  I do not know what I have touched to mess up the camera settings!  Anyway, the non-digital products used to complete the hybrid card include:  Pool Party, Riding Hood Red, and Pumpkin Pie card stock, pearl and rhinestone jewels, "Pretty Petites" stamp set, Petite Curly Label punch, and the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch.

No comments: