Friday, February 29, 2008

BUGGY BIRTHDAY CARD FOR MALENA



My great-niece, Malena, is having a birthday next Friday, and I wanted to make a special card for her. I don't get to see her very often--and miss her a LOT. While her mother was deployed, she lived with my sister and got to come visit from time to time, and she really enjoyed coming to my house! For one thing, Chadrick and my nephew, Bryson, were here for her to play with (or annoy), but she enjoyed stamping (she has her own stamps here) and playing with the die cut machines (with me, of course). So, I had to make a special card for her! Malena enjoys bugs, so I had to get in her Nana's (who is my sister, Renee) stash of stamps and pull out the "Bugs & Kisses" stamp set. I couldn't just make a plain buggy card for Malena. Oh no! She deserves something special, so I decided to make a Waterfall card. They're not hard to make, and they're very fun to receive! SU products used to create this card include Pretty in Pink, Purely Pomegranate, and Close to Cocoa card stock, Berry Bliss designer paper, Chocolate Chip Craft ink, Clear embossing powder, heat tool, Pretty in Pink eyelets, Crop-a-Dile, Slit punch (to create the inverted corners), and "Bugs & Kisses" stamp set.

1 comment:

Crafts by Heidi said...

This is way cool the way you have the waterfall going to the side. I never would have thought of that. I made my first waterfall card yesterday & I absolutely love this type of card now.