Thursday, February 28, 2008

MAGNETIC BOOKMARK

I'm supposed to be cleaning--and I have done some cleaning on my desk--but I had to CASE this cute little bookmark! It's a strip of Only Orange card stock (1-3/8" x 3-1/4" folded in half). Two small magnetic squares are adhered to the card stock on the inside. The floral image is from "Time Well Spent" (level 3 hostess set), and I stamped it with black StazOn ink onto Whisper White card stock. To color the image, I used SU's watercolor pencils, Gamsol, and a "stump." FYI . . . a stump is tightly compressed paper that's shaped like a pencil with a formed tip, on at least one end, and is used to color/blend, I suppose, with a variety of art mediums. I used the pencils to put some color on the stamped image and then blended with Gamsol and the stump. Doodles and dots were added, and then I used SU's small tag punch on the white card stock, which was adhered to the Only Orange card stock. I then used scissors to trim the top corners to shape, punched a 1/4" square hole for the ribbon, and called this project "complete." Why use Gamsol to color/blend? I don't really know. I honestly don't see the significance of it. Yes, the colors are vivid, but I personally think this same look can be achieved with an aqua painter and/or blender pen with, particularly, SU's watercolor pencils or Stampin' Pastels.

No comments: