Sunday, February 10, 2008


How cool is this???? I love the way this book came together, and it isn't even finished . . . or together . . . just yet! There are four pages, of course, and the pages get progressively larger. The first page, the "L", is the only one that has holes punched (and jumbo brads) for now, but I'll eventually add pictures, journaling, and embellishments to the whole thing. I just haven't figured out what I want to do with it. I had an idea, but Chadrick--politely, yet adamantly--asked me not to go with that idea. ;-) I used the Cricut and DesignStudio software to cut each of the pages from thin chipboard and then cut each letter/page two more times from designer paper so I could cover the front and back of each page. For this, I used a decoupage glue. One the front and back of each page, I used a sanding block on the edges to distress them a bit. This word book is 6" tall, and the largest page ("E") is 11" wide. SU products used to create this book include "Outlaw" designer paper (retired), jumbo antique eyelets, and the Crop-a-Dile. BTW, the "Eastern Sky" designer paper in the current SU catalog has the same patterns/designs as the retired "Outlaw" designer paper--it just has different colors.

No comments: