Sunday, February 24, 2008

THINKING AHEAD TO EASTER

It seems that by the time holidays arrive, I'm surprised they haven't already passed because I start working on them so far in advance. Easter, I'm sure, will be no exception, plus it's really early this year! This morning, I decided to make a little Easter treat! You can probably tell from the picture that I used textured card stock . . . I think it makes stamped images appear as though they're stamped on canvas. Of course, I had to use some glitter on my project, but this time I used Heat & Stick powder to hold it. Heat & Stick is a tricky product but, when used correctly, it works like a charm! The glitter, in real life, isn't as dark as it appears in the photo, and it is SO SPARKLY!!!! I had a bear of a time getting a decent picture today. Where is the sun when you need it???? How to make this cute project? I used a 4" x 11.5" strip of Pretty in Pink textured card stock, scored at 4-1/2" and 6-1/2". On the 4-1/2" panel, I used the Coluzzle to cut the oval window. A small cello bag (which SU sells) was used to hold the Hershey's Kisses, and the bag was stapled to the back panel of the project. The topper is a piece of 3" x 4" Old Olive card stock, folded in half, and I used the Corner Rounder punch to create the scalloped edge. The butterfly and "Easter Blessings" images were stamped with VersaMark ink, Heat & Stick powder was sprinkled on top, and then I heated the powder just until it melted. A Q-tip was used to apply the glitter, and I then re-heated to set the glitter. The tulips and stems ("Never-Ending Joy" stamp set) were stamped with Pink Passion and Old Olive Classic ink. I used the Crop-a-Dile to punch two holes in the topper, which was glued onto the top of the treat holder, and then put the Pretty in Pink 1/4" grosgrain ribbon into place. This project was finished off with a cross charm!

No comments: