Friday, February 8, 2008

I LIKES ME SOME GLITTER!!!


Okay . . . so maybe this isn't the prettiest card I ever made, but doesn't it have nice glitter appeal? I really like the glitter!!! On the two small stars, I used Orchid and Celery from the "Fine Cosmo" glitter set, and I used Dazzling Diamonds on the larger star. What I'm learning about the new glitter is that the colors are very lenient. For example, my card stock colors are Sahara Sand, Perfect Plum, and Always Artichoke and, even though they don't perfectly match the glitter, they coordinate very nicely! This is very good news because there's most likely going to be a color of glitter that's perfect for your project and, if you're in doubt, just reach for the container of that trusty Dazzling Diamonds. To adhere the glitter, I used 2-Way Glue, which seems to work very well! After the glue dried, I used a brush to sweep away a little bit of excess. It's been my experience that using a Q-tip to pick up glitter from the container works well, and then I lightly thump the Q-tip to drop the glitter onto the glue. Once the glitter is on the gluey project, you can use the Q-tip to evenly distribute the remaining glitter and then tap off any excess which, hopefully, will be very little. Wouldn't want to waste this sparkly stuff! It's kind of hard to tell from the picture, but there's a Stampin' Dimensional under the two stars dangling from Natural Hemp Twine. There are also slivers of Dimensionals under the large star with the star-punched window. Other SU products used include Perfect Plum, Sahara Sand, and Always Artichoke Classic ink and card stock, large star punch, small star punch, Word Window punch, Classic Stars jumbo wheel, Cutter Kit (distressing tool), and Always Artichoke 1/4" grosgrain ribbon.

No comments: