Friday, February 15, 2008

SO MANY SCALLOPS (Peppermint Patty Box)


This little box holds two Peppermint Patties--yes, it's pretty small. I didn't really do much to decorate it . . . I used a Gold Leafing Pen to add gold highlights along the edges and scored sections of the card stock, put the scalloped circles in place, and tied the box closed with Gold Cord. I really liked how the stamped image turned out, and it was all by accident. This was the first time I used this stamp set ("So Many Scallops" - free SAB set), so I stamped it twice on Whisper White card stock. It was stamped with Gold Metallic ink the first time and Rose Red Classic ink the second time. I used the Scallop Circle punch on the Rose Red image, and then I used the 1-3/8" Circle punch on the center of the gold stamped image. I didn't really like the way these two pieces looked, so I decided to use the Scallop Circle punch on the remainder of the gold stamped image. Remember . . . I had already punched the center out? Basically, it was like a golden scalloped wreath! When I positioned it on top of the Rose Red image, I turned it so the scallops weren't lined up, and this allowed some of the Rose Red ink to show itself around the scalloped edge. Neat, huh?

No comments: