Wednesday, September 30, 2009

3D POP-UP TREE

I'm so excited to share my 3D tree card! I just got the die yesterday, and it was much simpler to assemble than I thought it would be. Granted, I spent most of the evening working on this card, but I was building it (literally) from the bottom up and inside out. Reading and re-reading the instructions, plus thinking really hard about how I wanted my project to look took much more time than actually assembling the tree! The worst part was closing the card and seeing that the front was totally blank. In the end, it came together as easily as the inside! Stampin' Up! products used to create this project include:

Card Stock: Kraft, Whisper White, and Rich Razzleberry
Ink: Rich Razzleberry and Chocolate Chip
Stamp Sets: Medallion, Dasher, Tree Trimmings, Patterned Pines, Heard from the Heart
Big Shot: O Christmas Tree Pop-Up and Scallop Circle dies; Damask texture plate
Punch: 1/2" Circle
Ribbon: Kraft Taffeta

What I plan to do is cut the tree pieces, a few at a time, so I can sit and assemble several cards at one time. Believe me when I say that this tree is MUCH easier to assemble than it looks! Don't let this die intimidate you . . . add it to your next order!!!!
ETA: I have an easy peasy assembly method of attaching the tree to the card base that prevents it from coming loose and enables the tree to pop-up fully and perfectly time and time again! I promise!

No comments: