Sunday, September 20, 2009

THE MARATHON CONTINUES

Unless I accidentally ink the rabbit while attempting to clean off my desk, this is the end of the "Forest Friends" marathon. This has been fun and a great way to challenge myself to create with (mainly) one stamp set. To create the card on the right, I used a texture plate to give a woodsy look to the Whisper White card stock and then used the distressing tool (part of the Cutter Kit) to rough up the edges of the layer under the scallop square. For the owl, I inked the stamp with Close to Cocoa ink and then added outlines to the stamped image using the Chocolate Chip marker. Final accents included the photo corners and the stamped sentiment (from "FYI") tied on with linen thread, which I just happened to have leftover from my class on Friday. The second card was in my head and turned out just as I
had planned! I had to add a couple of images from other stamp sets ("Stem Sayings" and "Cheep Talk"), but isn't the owl adorable???? I used Always Artichoke and Chocolate Chip markers to ink the branch image, used the Scallop Edge punch on a strip of Chocolate Chip card stock for the side edging, and then used scissors to create the grass border along the bottom. I again used leftover linen thread and think it is a perfect natural accent for this design. Lastly, I used the Chocolate Chip marker to "doodle up" the top and bottom of the card. Both of these cards are quick and easy designs--and square, of course.

No comments: