Monday, September 21, 2009

HOLIDAY SWAPS

I swap cards with two Demonstrator friends every other week, and I was supposed to have sent two cards last week. Unfortunately, I was buried in my stamp room while trying to get it re-situated and didn't get my swaps made. I don't think I've ever been a week late, but I vowed to have my swaps ready to mail tomorrow! For my first card, I used the hostess set, "Christmas Punch." This was the first time I've used that set, and I love these little snowmen! While surfing the 'net not too long ago, I saw where some clever soul used ribbon for their scarves, and I thought that was pure genius! The Old Olive background was embossed with the Large Dots texture plate to mimic snow, of course. I used a Blender Pen and Rose Red, Old Olive, and Taken with Teal inks to color the hats. For my second swap, I used "Dasher," a REALLY inexpensive stamp, sold individually, and a perfect size for standing alone as a focal point. It's hard to tell, but my Dasher was inked with Chocolate Chip Craft ink and clear embossed. The "scrappy" background was created by punching 1-1/4" squares from "Merry Moments" designer paper and adhering them to the square Kraft card.

No comments: