Sunday, September 20, 2009

MORE "FOREST FRIENDS"

This little square card (yes, I'm still making square cards) has some really fun detailing! For starters, I used the Sizzix Clear Scallop Square die for the card and then added to each scallop some dotty doodles with the white gel pen. I inked the tree (from "Forest Friends") with Old Olive ink and then used a sponge dauber to apply the Soft Suede ink--directly to the stamp--on the trunk and branch areas. Isn't that a NICE look???? Yes, I know that some of the leaves got colored, too, but this is a much softer way to add more than one color to a stamp without having to use markers, which can sometimes color more heavily than you'd like. Since the Cutter Kit was still laying on my desk, I went ahead and used the distressing tool on the Soft Suede and Dusty Durango layers and then decided to use the Mat Pack and a piercing tool to create the faux stitching. I went over it with the white gel pen--something I haven't done in a long time. Once I saw how much negative space was on the card, I decided to use the Finial Press embossing folder on the left side, and didn't that turn out pretty???? The sentiment is from Stampin' Up!'s "FYI" stamp set, and I punched it with the Modern Label punch. While I have "Forest Friends" out, I might make another card or two! I need to use the animals next. They remind me of the animals that were in Bible and church literature and posters for children when I was a little girl. They have such a wholesome look about them, don't you think? Makes me want to be on my best behavior while they're out of their case. I'll use at least one of them on my next project, and you can judge (sorry, animals . . . not meant to imply that mere mortals have the right to truly judge) for yourself.

No comments: