Tuesday, September 22, 2009

SHIMMERY HOLIDAY CARD

This evening, I experimented with Stampin' Up!'s new Shimmer Paint. I've pretty much decided that it can go just about anywhere! This is actually the only project that I completed, and it was quite a breeze! The brocade design was created from one of the Definitely Decorative products . . . "Kind Thoughts Brocade" Decor Stencil! Isn't it just gorgeous???? I love how it easily it can hold its own! I used a sponge dauber to "tap" Soft Suede ink on the stencil and onto the Soft Suede card stock, and I then used another sponge dauber to apply Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint. It's very difficult to get the lighting and angle just right to photograph the actual shimmer, but believe me when I say that it's impressive! This
particular shimmer paint coordinates nicely with Stampin' Up!'s Brushed Gold card stock, a product that I haven't used in a long time. As you think of designs for your holiday cards, consider this one! Even without the shimmer paint, the stencil produces a very elegant focal point and, best of all, it's actually large enough to be used on scrapbook pages, gift wrap/bags, walls, journals, etc. BTW, the Soft Suede layer is adhered to a Very Vanilla card.

No comments: