Monday, September 28, 2009

WHAT I'M WORKING ON

This 12x12 layout doesn't look like much (yet) from the outside, but the inside is quite striking and unexpected. I grabbed a piece of retired designer paper to practice this project and was surprised when it started taking shape, which meant I had to dig a little deeper to find more of the same paper. At first glance, I think I could (perhaps should) use larger photos, but I decided to work with some old square ones that were already on my computer. This layout would be great for 4x6 photos, but these are . . . well . . . let's just say "kind of old" photos, taken before the dawn of 4x6. At this point in time, this project seems daunting, and the paper seems much larger and spacious than it's actual 12x12 size. There are a lot of layers because somebody (me?) adhered the pop-up section to it's card stock folder upside-down and had to create another folder so the photos would sit right and not show when in a closed position. When I showed this project to
Chadrick, he immediately commented on how unexpectedly heavy it was. I am anxious to finish embellishing and journaling this project, so PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me with some ideas. What types of die cuts, embellishments, etc. should I use? Do you see the little pop-up space beside the two rectangle photos on each side? I'm thinking of trying to put trees there, but they'd need to have a relation to the layout. Sooooooo much to think about! If you have any ideas, leave a comment or email me. I would appreciate it!

No comments: