Thursday, July 16, 2009

FIRST CHRISTMAS CARD FOR 2009

I love this card, and it was soooooooooooo easy to make! I used SU's brand new "Vintage Ornament I" stencils--yes, stencils--to create the image for this card. I say that it was easy, but you can clearly see that the card stock slid under the stencil just a little. Two words, Regina . . . Stencil Adhesive! I have some of that spray adhesive sitting right here on my desk, but I didn't think I'd need it. Ha! The Vintage Ornament I stencils actually come as a set of four stencils--two ornaments and two decorative accents for the ornaments. I used a sponge to apply Rich Razzleberry ink to the Shimmery White card stock for the ornament, and I sponged VersaMark ink for the areas that are silver-embossed. Isn't this a neatly elegant card? You probably can't tell, but the brad (from the Styled Silver Hardware kit) has a glittered center. Other SU products used include the All Holidays stamp set and Silver elastic cord. I really wanted the ornament to have a shadow effect, but I wasn't sure where--or how--to make that happen. I figured it was best to leave well enough alone. ;-) ETA: You can see all of SU's decor stencils HERE.

No comments: