Tuesday, July 14, 2009

I CHANGE MY MIND . . . "THIS" IS THE CARD FOR MAMAW!

Earlier today, I posted a scallop square card that I made to send to my grandmother. Well, I needed to make one for my great-aunt who has been having a terrible time lately. Bless her heart, she's had two car accidents in two weeks, and the last one totalled her car (which may have been a blessing). That's not the worst of it, though . . . poor thing was at fault--and cited--for both accidents. As I started the card-making process, I ended up making this quilt card from 6x6 designer papers that were left from the Designer Paper Sample Club that I coordinated after the last catalog came out. All of the punched papers for this project are from the "Tea Party" paper collection. Since my grandmother is a VERY talented quilter (she makes the neatest, most tiny stitches), it seemed only fair that I send this card to her and the scallop square card to my great-aunt. The white border on this card was a leftover, too, from the Spellbinders Fleur de Lis Borderabilities dies, and I added the Swarovski crystals to it. In case you're wondering, I used SU's Linen Thread on the buttons. Considering the fact that this card was created from leftovers and thread and has a quilt design, it seems that it's truly meant to be the card for mamaw, huh? She's gonna love it!

1 comment:

Laura Lipe, Pisgah Forest, NC said...

She'll love this card. It's a really pretty one!!