Tuesday, July 28, 2009

SCALLOP CIRCLE ORIGAMI FLOWER

My husband is going to board up the entrance to this room if I don't get out of here! I spent most of the weekend (between mountainous loads of laundry) in here, and I was supposed to be cleaning up. It makes me so mad at myself that I get side-tracked so easily! I've made some progress putting things where they go, but you can't tell it from the things I've pulled out! I didn't know when my husband left for work this morning that he'd be coming home for lunch and then show up early a couple of hours later to stay. Darnit! Where did he find me BOTH times? In here working (aka playing/creating). I've been productive--just not in the way that I need to be. This card is one that I just whipped up (literally) using an origami fold to create the flower from the three scallop circles. I cut the "Nouveau Chic" designer paper circles from the Sizzix Scallop Circles #2 die and then embossed them with the Paisley texture plate. I swiped Apricot Appeal ink on the circles and then lightly sanded to reveal the embossing, but the designer paper is just too busy for the detail to be revealed. Swirls from the "Priceless" stamp set were stamped on the Basic Gray card stock, and I used the Go Go Boots Alphabet and Birds & Blooms Sizzlits to create the center for the flower and the greeting. I could probably count on two fingers the number of times I've used Basic Gray, so I'm glad it worked out for me to use it this evening. For now, I need to leave this room and dust the dining room. Shhh . . . don't tell my husband that I've been in here . . . again!

No comments: