Thursday, July 16, 2009

THIS PHEASANT'S SO PLEASANT!

You must be wondering if I haven't noticed that it's Summer since I've made a Christmas card and yet another Fallish card this evening (morning). There's just something about this little pheasant that says, "Ink me up!!!" I think I secretly enjoy the challenge of coloring him. For this card, I stamped the pheasant with Soft Suede ink and then used a Blender Pen to add Garden Green and Rich Razzleberry to color him. He looked a little washed out after all the color blending, so I clear-embossed the whole piece of card stock, and that really livened up the colors! I then cut the stamped layer to size--leaving the tail feathers to blow in the wind. Who am I kidding? There's no wind! This card also features a Jumbo Grommet, the Eyelet Border, Word Window, and Modern Label punches, and Rich Razzleberry dotted grosgrain ribbon. Be sure to click on the card to see the color detail!

No comments: