Tuesday, August 2, 2011

52 YEARS OF MARRIAGE

Today is my parents' 52nd anniversary.  I always thought that their anniversaries were important but, when I think back to this time last year, I am even more happy (and humbled) that they were able to celebrate today.  Daddy was in the hospital for three months last Summer, and we didn't know then what was in store for the next day, let alone a year later.  When I sat down to make a card for them, I knew that it had to be special and was quite pleased with the end result.  All of the products used to create this card are from Stampin' Up! and include:  Framed Tulips, Stripes, and Square Lattice embossing folders, antique brad, crochet trim, jumbo brad, layered die-cut daisies, and a sentiment from the "Something to Celebrate" stamp set.  It's hard to tell from the picture, but the embossed Framed Tulips is a layer on the Very Vanilla card and, on top of that layer, is the double-embossed layer featuring the Stripes embossing folder at the top and the Square Lattice embossing folder at the bottom.  If you'd like to see the details more closely, just click on the photo to open a larger view.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The anniversary card is beautiful. I continue to be humbled by events that unfolded last summer and the miraculous healing that took place. We are two very lucky little girls. I am so fortunate to have a little sister with such great talent. Renee