Monday, August 15, 2011

"MAKE-IT-SNAPPY-MONDAY"

Happy Monday, and thanks for visiting today!  Once again, I worked with Stampin' Up!'s My Digital Studio software to assist with the creation of this card.  Some of the fun digital techniques that I used include (1) filling the scallop square punch shape with one of the “Domestic Goddess” designer paper patterns; (2) adding a faux vellum layer with the coffee cup image.  I used the punched square image, color-filled with white, and I changed the opacity level to 61 so that this layer looked like vellum.  A drop-shadow was added to give it depth, and digital brads appear to be holding the vellum to the designer paper layer.  (3) To make the digital cup show up better, I added a “halo” type of drop-shadow in white.  (4)  The original border image (row of cups) has white “bursts” in the center of the cups, but I used a small circle (from the digital punch shapes), color-filled it with Poppy Parade, and then positioned the colored circles behind the cups so that only the color showed through the little burst on each cup.  Additional digital elements used on this card include Baker’s twine, “hello” text, and the Jewelry Tag punch with a Poppy Parade mat and a drop-shadow for dimension.  Stampin’ Up! products used on this card include Pool Party, Poppy Parade, and Whisper White card stock, “Now You’re Cookin’” digital stamp set, rhinestone jewel, Stripes embossing folder, and clear Scallop Square die to cut the card.  This color combo looks quite retro to me, and I {heart} My Digital Studio!  Don't forget . . . if you want to be entered in the drawing for my blog candy, be sure to leave a comment on my THIS Freestyle Fridays post.  The winner will be announced on Friday, August 19th.

No comments: