Friday, August 26, 2011

"FREESTYLE FRIDAYS" ... CRISS-CROSSED AND SCORED FOR BABY

With her post last week, Julie issued a mission for me to design a baby project with something to put it in, such as an envelope, box, etc.  I wasn't entirely sure what to make, but I knew that I wanted to use Stampin' Up!'s brand new Simply Scored scoring tool, which is one of the brand new products in the Holiday mini catalog and available on September 1.  I decided to make a criss-cross card with a matching envelope using "Nursery Nest" designer paper.  As you can see from the photo, I decorated the front of the card with designer paper, a sweet button from the Subtles designer collection, and brand new Lucky Limeade ruffled ribbon.  For the card insert and the sentiment, I used My Digital Studio and the adorable "Little Additions" stamp brush set.  Do not let this set fool you . . . it is a fabulous set that can be used for a variety of projects--not just baby!  On the back of the insert, I used the Slit punch to create a gift card holder and the design on the front, of course, was created using images from the "Little Additions" set.  On the envelope, I used the Scallop Trim Corner punch on the points.  The pretty scallop trim doesn't show up very well, but it added a little something pretty, along with the hearts which are from one of the Itty Bitty Shapes punches.  Additional digital elements used on this project include the small heart and oval punches, Baker's twine, and pearl jewels.  If you haven't ordered My Digital Studio for yourself yet, what in the world are you waiting for?????  You could order everything (including the Simply Scored tool) that I used to create this ensemble and earn some hostess FREEBIES.  One of my favorite things about My Digital Studio is that once you get your digital projects designed the way that you want them, you can use them over and over again!  I {heart} My Digital Studio AND the brand new Simply Scored scoring tool.  Go ahead and add it to your "must have" list because it has features that some of the other scoring tools on the market don't have, such as the ever-so-helpful place markers!  In the coming months, I will be showing my customers the ways to use (and reasons to fall in love with) this tool.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gee Wiz Regina what a classy card. Great Job & colors

Betty

Jacoline Fitzgerald said...

Hi Regina! I love what you have done with this card. It is so creative.

Julie said...

Man, You've Got Talent!!! Beautifully done. Mission = Accomplished.

Laura Lipe, Pisgah Forest, NC said...

Sweet as can be! Love it!
Smiles, Laura