Monday, August 1, 2011

"MAKE-IT-SNAPPY-MONDAY"

Today's MISM card is quite cheery with the crisp color palette and the rainbow row of butterflies.  How could this card not bring cheer to someone who makes others happy?  There are several things about this card that I really like . . . the embossed butterflies, the clever two-time embossed background that mimics a woven basket, and that adorable yellow button on the library clip.  To create the embossed background, I used Stampin' Up!'s new "Stripes" embossing folder.  I placed the white card stock in the folder, ran it through the Big Shot machine, turned the embossed card stock, placed it back inside the folder, and ran it through the Big Shot again.  I used the "Beautiful Wings" Embosslits die to cut/emboss the butterflies, and the sentiment that I chose is from the new "Petite Pairs" stamp set.  Other Stampin' Up! products used to create this card include circle punches, Brights button, Baker's twine, Clips Assortment (for the library clip), and ribbon.  Card stock colors are Whisper White, Daffodil Delight, Marina Mist, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, and Pink Pirouette. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So very "fresh" I like your card and love the feeling of joy I get just looking at it. Great design. Renee